Friday, January 20, 2012

Kicking and Yelling

For as long as I can remember, I have had a love of anything related to martial arts.  The beauty of the movements, the power behind the kicks and punches, the discipline . . . it's always left me in awe.  I never got very far myself with lessons.  However, my nephews are now blackbelts (forgive me but I don't remember if it's 3rd or 4th degree) and they both teach classes.  I enrolled Noah and Savannah as early as 4 years old and quickly realized it was a big mistake after watching them run circles around the dojo instead of paying attention.  They enrolled about a year later, and we proudly watched them break boards and earn their yellow belts.  It's been a while, again, since they've had lessons.  Mostly because we couldn't keep up with the cost of everything and a tiny bit because they seemed like they were losing interest.

So today Noah started private lessons with my nephew, James.  I LOVE the fact that the lessons are one on one because Noah learns so much better that way.  He doesn't do very well with distractions.  I also LOVE that my nephew is the one teaching Noah.  As far as I'm concerned right now, James is a rock star.

I'm hoping that Noah will want to stick with it this time . . .he seemed to be loving every minute of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment